24 February 2014

Dreaming of Tulum

My sister has always been my better half. She is my best friend in the whole world and throughout my whole life- so far and i have no doubts about the future. We are ridiculous together, lazy and whiny or motivated and fabulous, i feel infinitely loved and understood when i am with her. Which is why she is my favourite person to travel with. Although we've never done any solo traveling as adults i imagine we'd be a formidable team. Scotland in '04 (was it that long ago??) was our first experience globe-trotting as a duo and that trip will be hard to top.

So, when Kate asked me if I'd go on her impulse trip to Mexico in the spring of 2014 i couldn't really say no. We haggled over destinations and to-do's of our trip but we've decided we are going and we will drink and eat and see and explore and be lazy and return to Canada with glowing tans!

I would love to go to the little beach town of Tulum. We've been using Airbnb to scope out accommodations (how about staying in a tent, or a tree house??).

Has anyone been to Tulum, or Mexico before and have recommendations?
We have small budgets, and we don't want to feel too much like "privileged-tourists" while we are there. Things to do and places to stay that have strong environmental tract records are ideal.




(All images via google)



Right now it's snowing in Vancouver (consistent snow for the past three days!), but I'm dreaming of warmth and beaches and time with my sister.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like heaven. Sad to say I have never been to Mexico. How's your Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Spanish is non-existent. But it's like French right? And Kate knows French so...

    ReplyDelete